Sunday, June 26, 2011

Energy and Helping Others {Proverbs 31:17 and 20}

17 She is energetic and strong, a hard worker.

Energy. What mother has it? My energy gets used up by a precious little boy that will be 3 very soon. As I type, he is waking up (about 30 minutes before he typically does) and looking for a Power Ranger. And I only have ONE little boy - what about the mothers who have two or three or six kids?!

I pray that the Lord will give me energy today to accomplish everything He wants me to. Give me wisdom to take care of my body so that my lack of energy does not come from unhealthy choices I have made. Help me to be a hard worker so that I can do your work and so that my son will see an example of how we ought to work for You and for others.

20 She extends a helping hand to the poor and opens her arms to the needy.

With my husband being in full time ministry through a local church, I am needed throughout my week to do certain things. Most of those things are ministering to children and youth that are needy. Some are financially needy but all are spiritually needy. They lack Godly direction at home and they are wandering through adolescence with no guide (with the exception of one or two).

Lord, may I extend my hands to help those that are in need. Give me patience with them when I am frustrated. May I joyfully open my arms to all in need and remember that what I do for the least of these, I have done to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment