Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Warrior Prayers: Praying the Word for Boys in the Areas They Need it Most

Tomorrow I am starting a 21 day challenge to purposefully pray for my son everyday. I got the e-book here, at Brooke McGlothin's Warrior Prayers' Blog (scroll down and you can get a FREE copy until 2:30est today).

I am a mother of one son, N, who will be three in August. He is a wonderful child - but rowdy for sure who humbles me constantly by the things he does and says. I am passionately pursuing the next 21 days of prayer for my son because I know that even if my parenting skills are perfect (which they will NEVER be), I do not have the power to change my son's heart. Only his Maker does.

There is a battle going on for the hearts and souls of our sons. This battle must be fought on our knees.

Now the sons of Eli were worthless men. They did not know the Lord.
-1 Samuel 2:12


Wait, Eli was a priest! How did he raise sons that did not know the Lord? This should wake up the body of Christ - boys are being raised "in church" who do not know the Lord. We are called as parents to raise sons into Godly men and a huge piece of that is prayer over our sons.

Brooke states, "All it takes to lose the truth of the Word of God is one set of parents who fail to teach it. And the result can be generations of men who don't know and fear the Lord." Let us prepare to fight for the hearts of our sons and purpose to teach the Word of God in our homes.

I will have no greater joy than this, to hear that my children are walking in the truth. -3 John 1:4

If you have the e-book, pray the Heart Change prayers over your son today in preparation for the next 21 days. Pray each prayer individually (per child), spread throughout your day and then try to incorporate them into your family prayer time tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment