Monday, June 27, 2011

The Words I Speak {Proverbs 31:26}

Another morning where I set my alarm clock to wake up about an hour before little man wakes up... then he comes into my room about 15 minutes before my alarm goes off. Good morning - quiet time shall be done with Power Rangers playing in the background :)

26 When she speaks, her words are wise...

I hate the feeling when I am with a group of people and I say more than I should. It's like words just fly out of my mouth and while I am talking I think to myself, "Shut your mouth! You're going to regret saying that..." This happened a few weeks ago and afterward I went on to replay the event in my mind about a million times, feeling embarrassed each time. I should have exercised self-control and I did not.

Lord, help me to have wise words that speak encouragement. I know that the power of life and death are in the tongue so may life come out of my mouth. As it says in Psalm 141:3, "Set a guard over my mouth, O Lord. Keep watch over the door of my lips."


...and she gives instruction with kindness.

If someone is doing the wrong thing I can pass out instruction all day, but it will not be in kindness. I read in Proverbs yesterday "A brother offended is harder to win than a strong city (Proverbs 18:19)." So true! I think about how I have given instruction out of frustration or anger and it had to be offensive. I never want to offend someone because I was unkind, in turn making them harder to win than a strong city.

Help me to give instruction with kindness. Whether the instruction be to my son or to youth, whoever it be, may it be done with love. Help me not to give instruction to my husband but rather may I pray and trust that the Lord will instruct him as the priest, prophet, and king of our home.


No comments:

Post a Comment