Tuesday, June 28, 2011

True Beauty {Proverbs 31:30}

30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised.

I think of my grandmother: her 94 year old body bent with age, face covered in wrinkles, hair thinning and white. She was the picture of true beauty - a woman who feared the Lord. She was greatly praised by her children and grandchildren.

In a society that makes everything about appearance it is hard for me not to get wrapped up in keeping up, but the way I (or anyone) looks on the outside does not indicate what is on the inside. The most beautiful face and body can be a shell to rottenness.

Lord, put reverence in my heart for you. Help me to obey your Word when I want to do things my way, knowing that the only way I will have joy is to be in submission to You. I love You for who You are and the great things You have done. Forgive me where I fail in obedience to You. 'Whether it is favorable or unfavorable, may I obey the You, LORD so that it will go well with me(Jeremiah 42:6).' Help me put my appearance into perspective, knowing that while people look at the outward appearance, You look at the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment