Saturday, June 25, 2011

What is it to be a Godly woman?

I read the New Living Translation's version of Proverbs 31 the other day and it really spoke to me. If there is any place in the scripture that lays out what kind of woman I am to aspire to be like, it is found in this chapter. Here I see a woman who seems to be perfect. She makes her own blankets and clothing, for Pete's sake! I am NOT this woman.

But I desperately want to be this woman. One point that I realized while reading this was that the passage most likely does not describe the woman in one phase of her life, but covers what she did throughout her life.

So for now, these are the main points I want to focus on.

10 Who can find a virtuous and capable wife? She is more precious than rubies. 11 Her husband can trust her, and she will greatly enrich his life. 12 She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.

I pray that I am a blessing to my husband. I pray that my actions honor him and encourage him to be the man that God desires him to be. May I work so that he trusts me completely. Help me to greatly enrich his life.

25 She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future.


This verse is the inspiration for my blog's title. I see a woman who is standing tall with her shoulders back, enjoying the company of friends. Her life is not perfect but she can laugh because she has no anxiety. Her circumstances do not determine the way she looks at things. She completely relies on God.

Lord, help me be a woman who is so reliant on You to provide, that I can laugh without fear of what may come in the future. I have seen Your faithfulness, and I know full well that You will provide all that we need. I want to laugh without fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment