Saturday, July 09, 2011

Day 10 - Joy

Don’t be dejected and sad, for the joy of the Lord is your strength! -Nehemiah 8:10

If the joy of the Lord is our strength, then joy is not dependent on our circumstances. Our joy is dependent on the Lord - and he is a constant, never ceasing to be faithful. Brooke shares, "Here's the secret: Focus on Christ... Christ's work on the cross was never intended to be something we took joy in one time and then never again."

The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him. -Psalm 28:7

Today I pray that my son has this kind of joy in his life. That he continually remembers the sacrifice Christ made for us and the faithful, loving nature of our Father, and that he takes joy in the Lord. As I pray the ten prayers over my son, I am going to remember Christ's sacrifice and take joy regardless of my circumstances.

May the God of hope fill my son with all joy and peace as he trusts in him, so that he may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:13)

No comments:

Post a Comment