Saturday, July 02, 2011

Day 3 - Integrity

Today we are praying for our sons to be children and men of integrity. Webster defines integrity as a firm adherance to a code of especially moral or artistic values. Our moral code is set forth by God, so true integrity clings fast to His moral code regardless of the circumstances.

Throughout the past few days I have found times that I feel silly for praying certain things over my son, seeing that he is only about to turn three. "Surely, my son doesn't have a heart of stone YET." He was born into sin and is already struggling with telling the truth and being obedient, so I see that it IS time to begin praying these over him. Lord, may you draw my son to your truth at an early age.

I am examining myself this morning. Have I walked in integrity this past week? Brooke talks about how we cannot give something to our sons that we ourselves don't have. She states, "One of the best things we can do for our sons is to admit when we've sinned and ask them to forgive us for it."

And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules. - Ezekiel 36:26-27

Brooke shares that if our sons knees are ever going to bend to Jesus as Savior, their hearts must bend first. Only God can cause this to happen. Today I am praying for God to change the heart of my son and give him a deep desire to do what is right.

Lord, take my son's heart of stone and turn it into a heart of flesh.

Like David with Goliath, may my son stand up for the living God. (1 Samuel 17)

No comments:

Post a Comment