Saturday, July 16, 2011

Day 16 - Gentleness

The wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere. -James 3:17

Gentle is not the first word that comes into my mind when I think of my son. It is not one of the top TEN words I think of! Active is a word that I think of. Brooke shares about how aggression in males is the norm. All males are aggressive in some way (physically or intellectually, etc) and we have to figure out how we are going to approach bringing gentleness out in our sons.

My son exerts his strength (he is almost 3, so the strength isn't overwhelming) on me, my husband, his cousins, his dog, random children... This is an area I need direction in. Brooke tells her sons, "God wants you to use your strength to protect, not to hurt. Superheroes don't look for fights, but they will fight to protect others."

I pray that my son controls his strength and uses it for the benefit of others. May the Lord give him a desire to do good to others, not putting himself first. I pray I am a mother who leads by example.

May my son be completely humble and gentle; patient, bearing with others in love.
(Ephesians 4:2)

No comments:

Post a Comment