Thursday, July 07, 2011

Day 8 - Honor

But there will be glory and honor and peace from God for all who do good.
-Romans 2:10


Honor (noun) - honesty, fairness, or integrity in one's beliefs and actions: a man of honor.
Honor (verb) - to hold in high respect; revere: to honor one's parents.

To teach honor is to teach an abstract ideal. Last night when I was praying scripture over my son, I told him tomorrow I would be praying for him to have honor. He asked what honor was and I had a really hard time thinking of a definition he could compute.

Brooke recommends a book called The Princess and the Three Knights. She tells, "The only knight good enough to win the heart of the princess was the one who would do anything to protect her. That's the kind of honor I'm praying for in my sons." Karen Kingsbury also has a book that is visually geared toward boys called Brave Young Knight. Literature is a GREAT way to teach concepts.

Today I pray that my son grows into a man of honor. That he would give honor to the Lord with the way he conducts every aspect of his life. I pray that I teach him in a way honoring to the Lord.

May my son do good, and receive glory, honor, and peace. (Romans 2:10)
May my son honor everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. (1 Peter 2:17)

No comments:

Post a Comment