Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 11 - Peace

You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you,all whose thoughts are fixed on you. -Isaiah 26:3

Nap time and bed time feel like the two main times of peace in my house. Laura Lee Groves shares in the leader's guide that she is outnumbered by males in her home (5-1) and she understands how life can get overwhelming. She gives four ways to help bring peace into your life as a mother:

1. Find someone to confide in who is walking/has walked the same path as you
2. Find time to step away from your demands
3. Shift your perspective as your son grows
4. Pray for your son and for your relationship

Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. -Philippians 4:7

Today I pray for my son to walk in peace and be a man of peace. I pray that I walk in peace so that he has an example of what trusting the Lord is.

May my son be joyful. Grow to maturity. Encourage others. Live in harmony and peace. Then the God of love and peace will be with him. (2 Corinthians 13:11)

No comments:

Post a Comment