Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Day 12 - Patience

I waited patiently for the Lord to help me,and he turned to me and heard my cry.
-Psalm 40:1


Impatience is something I struggle with. Clearly, God needs to develop patience in me because He gives me many opportunities to practice it! My son was two weeks late and I thought he would literally never come out of my stomach. As week 38 approached I thought "he could come any day now" but he didn't. Sunday after Sunday, well meaning women would say, "You STILL haven't had him?!" I never wanted to punch so many people in the face (and at church, no less).

Brooke shares something thought provoking in her leaders guide. "And greatness is only measured by how well we respond to Christ in the little things. Being patient for what God's plan is and not necessarily pursuing our own dreams." She poses this question, "Do you think we're reaching our sons that the 'little things' are what matter most?"

Today I pray that I teach patience to my son. I pray that God helps me to exercise patience so that I do not act rashly and also so I do not chase plans that are mine and not God's.

May my son put on, as God's chosen one, holy and beloved, a compassionate heart, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience. (Colossians 3:12)

No comments:

Post a Comment