Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day 18 - Anger

Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. -Ephesians 4:31

My son and I play a game where we are able to talk freely about feelings. It's found at Nick Jr, and there are five cards each with Rintoo (a character off of Ni Hao, Kai Lan) showing a different emotion. There are stories that I read to my son then he tells me how Rintoo is feeling in each story. The two feelings that he understands well is happy and angry.

In your anger, do not sin. -Ephesians 4:26

We DO get angry everyday, but what do we choose to do with that anger? Brooke says, "We almost always have a choice when it comes to anger. We can choose to embrace it and sin or choose to put it away, and instead choose kindness, self-control, compassion, and love." What will I choose today? Anger or self-control and kindness.

Brooke brings out the truth that every one of these areas we are praying over our sons are areas that we ourselves must strive to accomplish in our own lives.

Today I pray that I am quick to show kindness, self-control, compassion, and love, and put away all that anger tends to bring out in me (impatience, yelling, rudeness, etc). I pray my son is slow to anger, controlling his feelings when it is difficult.

May my son not be quick in his spirit to become angry. (Ecclesiastes 7:9)

May my son know that God himself is our peace. (Ephesians 2:14)

No comments:

Post a Comment